ENACTUS CANADA PRIVACY STATEMENT
At ENACTUS CANADA we are committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of our students, faculty, employees, volunteers, donors, students and other stakeholders. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information you choose to share with us. During the course of our day-to-day activities, expositions, online portal and other activities, we frequently gather and use personal information. If we collect such information from you, you can expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of or other dealing with this information is subject to your consent.
Defining Personal Information
Personal information is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual’s opinions or beliefs, as well as facts about, or related to, the individual. Exceptions which are not considered personal information include business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories. Where an individual uses his or her home contact information as business contact information, we consider that the contact information provided is business contact information, and is not therefore subject to protection as personal information.
Personal information gathered by ENACTUS CANADA is kept in confidence. Our personnel are authorized to access such personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure that the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent its being lost or destroyed. We collect, use and disclose personal information only for purposes that are appropriate in light of the circumstances. We offer individuals we deal with the opportunity to opt not to have their personal information shared with our personnel and third parties for purposes beyond those for which it was collected.
- Collecting Your Personal Information
- ENACTUS CANADA collects personal information for the primary purpose of conducting our day-to-day operations, special events and other activities. ENACTUS CANADA collects details such as your name, address, telephone numbers and email addresses.
- When personal information is collected for a specific purpose such as fundraising or other special events, registration forms, websites, newsletters, sponsor sheets or other documents will provide details of the purposes for which the information is collected and is to be used.
- Securing Your Personal Information
- To prevent any unauthorized access to your personal information, ENACTUS CANADA has installed computer and network security, including firewall, encryption and password protection processes as well as anti-virus software on all of its workstations.
- Only staff or other individuals authorized by the President of ENACTUS CANADA have access to such information stored on our computer system.
- Hard copies of any such information are stored in locked filing cabinets, offices and equivalent off site secured storage areas.
- Accessing Your Personal Information
- You may, upon written request, access the personal information which ENACTUS CANADA has obtained about you.
- To arrange access, please contact our Chief Executive Officer for details (of how to make your written request).
- Changing Personal Information
- ENACTUS CANADA endeavours to ensure that personal information held by it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Where you believe that personal information held by ENACTUS CANADA is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, please advise our Chief Executive Officer as set out below and every effort will be made to correct the information.
- Lodging a Complaint
- For any purpose associated with privacy matters including the lodging of a complaint, please contact our Chief Executive Officer as set out below.
- Opt-Out Language
- We do not sell, trade or otherwise share our mailing lists. However, if at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing lists, simply contact us as set out below.
- We regularly review our privacy practices and may amend this policy from time to time. If substantial changes are made in the way that we use personal information, a notification will be placed on our website. Please check this website www.enactus.ca on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
- Contact information
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.privcom.gc.ca
This Privacy Statement was last amended on September 8, 2023