TORONTO (February 26, 2013) – National charitable organization, Enactus Canada announced the 2013 Student Entrepreneur Provincial Champions today as part of its one of a kind Student Entrepreneur National Competition, proudly presented by the John Dobson Foundation.
The 2013 Student Entrepreneur Provincial Champions are:
- BC: Erik MacKinnon, University of British Columbia student and owner of Gravytrain Marketing Ltd.
- Alberta: Kevin Davies, University of Calgary student and owner of Green Start Initiatives Ltd.
- Alberta: Anthony Merkel, Medicine Hat College student and owner of Elevation Landscaping Inc.
- Saskatchewan: David Chad Braun, University of Regina student and owner of Student Works Painting
- Manitoba: Jordan Siemens, Providence University College student and owner of Siemens Farms
- Ontario: Ethan Quoc-Nam Do, McMaster University student and owner of OverAir Technologies Ltd
- Ontario: Nick May, Carleton University student and owner of REMAY
- Quebec: Samuel Vincent Guay, Université Laval student and owner of Selgo Inc.
- New Brunswick: Daniel Saulnier, Université de Moncton student and owner of Memories2Go
- Nova Scotia: Michael Craig, Acadia University student and owner of Roxbur Ski and Snowboard Club
- Prince Edward Island: Alex Davidson, University of Prince Edward Island student and owner of Odd Jobbers PEI
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Scott Butt, College of the North Atlantic – Stephenville student and owner of Rustic Creations
“We are pleased to celebrate and support entrepreneurs from across Canada,” explains Enactus Canada president Nicole Almond. “The entrepreneurial spirit is what built this country and we encourage and celebrate it in student entrepreneurs through provincial, regional and national rounds of competition.”
Students will compete against other Student Entrepreneur Provincial Champions in Atlantic, Central and Western Canada for regional titles and the chance to move on to the 2013 Enactus Canada National Exposition in Toronto, Ontario taking place on May 8th. The National Champion will receive a $10,000 cash prize and represent Canada at the international level of competition, the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.
ABOUT ENACTUS CANADA: Enactus Canada is a community of student, academic and business leaders enabling progress through entrepreneurial action. Guided by academic advisors and business experts, more than 2,300 student leaders create and implement over 350 community empowerment projects and business ventures every year in communities coast to coast. As a global network of 39 countries, Enactus uses the power of entrepreneurial action to transform lives and shape a better, more sustainable world. For more information, visit enactus.ca.Media Inquiries: Jody Lundrigan Director of Communications Enactus Canada E: email@example.com P: 416.304.1566 x 222 M: 416.346.0131